Dr. Peter McQueen, MD
About Dr. Peter McQueen
Dr. McQueen is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of shoulder, elbow, knee, and hip disorders, as well as general orthopaedics and fracture care. He performs joint replacements as well as minimally invasive joint surgery.
After earning his undergraduate degree in molecular and cellular biology at UC Berkeley, Dr. McQueen completed medical school at UC Irvine and a Master’s in clinical research at UC San Diego. He then moved to Chicago for his surgical internship and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at University of Illinois. Dr. McQueen completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine at San Diego Arthroscopy and Scripps Medical Center.
Dr. McQueen grew up with a passion for sports, both as a player and a spectator. He brings this passion to his work with athletes of all levels including high school, college, and weekend warriors. He has experience working with professional teams, including the San Diego Chargers, San Diego Padres, and Gulls AHL Hockey Team, as well as with local college and high school athletes.
Not only is Dr. McQueen passionate about Sports Medicine, he also loves general orthopaedics and sees patients of all ages. Dr. McQueen knows that surgery is not always the solution. He tailors his care to the individual patient and places an emphasis on non-invasive treatments. Dr. McQueen recognizes that medicine is a team sport and works closely with physical therapists, primary care physicians, and subspecialists to give each patient the highest level of care.
Dr. McQueen moved to Oak Park with his wife of 5 years. The couple is delighted to join such a vibrant community. In his free time, Dr. McQueen enjoys photography, cycling, music, and exploring the outdoors.
Dr. McQueen treats injuries to the following:
Dr. McQueen routinely performs the following treatments:
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee
- Reconstructions of the ACL and other ligaments of the knee
- Total joint replacement of the shoulder, hip and knee
- Surgical and conservative care of fractures of the upper and lower extremities
- Conservative care
- Orthobiologics including PRP and Stem Cell injections
Education and Licensure
- Undergraduate: University of California, Berkeley
- Medical Degree: University of California, Irvine
- Master’s in Clinical Research: University of California, San Diego
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: San Diego Arthroscopy/Scripps Medical Center